Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Laughing all the way....

to work! Yeah, I said work. I'm back to work (outside of the home that is.... don't for one minute think that I WASN'T working for the past 18 months) that pays!!
One of the young men that Greg has been working with the last couple years fired the worker that worked on Greg's days off. He needed someone to work the days Greg didn't cover so I asked if I could cover Wednesday and Thursday. It means that I can get out of the house, get away from all the things that can cause me to be "crazy". Caring for someone else a couple days a week actually gives me time to step away from the chaos of home and relieve some stress. It comes at a really good time, Greg quit his other job last week and this more than makes up for the hours lost there.
Speaking of stress, Greg gets to enjoy the craziness of getting everyone ready to go to Liyah's school holiday program tonight. Then getting the four of them out tomorrow night for Lauryn's program @ school. I think he'll be fine, it's only his first day.... he's hasn't been worn down yet!
I can't tell you how many things have gone on since our trip to OH. I forgot to take my anti-depressants with me. I was in bed crying the third day there. Greg took the girls out and let them play with there cousins and then went to grandpa F's house. I made it through the rest of the weekend without too much of a breakdown.
The girls had a great time, and I'm going to be eternally grateful to whoever made DVD players in vans!!
Liyah is going through the dress up stage, with tea parties every 15 minutes. She wanted me to have a tea party this morning and I told her I was sorry, but she would have to have a party with daddy today after school!! FUN, FUN, FUN!!
Lauryn sees things and wants to get them, I've not convinced her yet that if she doesn't have the money then she probably won't get them! Both of her grandma's and mom and dad had to pool their funds to get her the ONE Christmas gift she wants. She better like it!! I mean like it for LIFE, or atleast until the new version comes out!!
Greg and I have spent all the rest of our Christmas money on repairing vehicles this year, "good bye Christmas fund". We are really having fun keeping two cars running. I won't complain tho' since one car is free to us (I clean my sister's apt. each week for her to keep the insurance on it) since Cheryl got her new car. The other car is the van that Greg's dad helped us buy, so we owe him instead of an interest bearing auto loan. Family is soooo good, thank the Lord for all of them.
Example, today my mom is running Greg and GP into town to get Liyah from school, and will be taking them in tonight for Li's program too. Dad got a chance to look at the car, and has come to the conclusion that it is the battery (DEAD). Not the starter or alternator!! The list of ways our families help us could go on forever.

Well, as the holiday season is quickly coming and going this year, we are thankful that we do have family. Parents, children, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and friends too!!
Love, blessings, and Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment