Thursday, August 19, 2010

The WOW factor...

I've been saving some pictures from the vacation the girls and I went on with my family for my WOW Wednesday post. The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is really a spectacular place to visit (or live if I had my way). The surroundings up there for the most part are undisturbed, fresh air is plentiful and the natural wonders are numerous. The Hiawatha National Park covers a lot of the land up there... not sure how much but it seems wherever you go there are signs at entrances to the park.

As a family we like to camp (for the most part) but we aren't so much the rustic campers anymore. I do have proof that as small children my parents took us girls to rustic campgrounds for "vacation" (I'm pretty sure it wasn't much of a vacay for my mom). Actually, as the story goes when we were camping the summer I was 2 yrs. we were at a campground and I potty trained in the the outhouses. I thought it was "cool"-- I was TWO! Whatev!! That is another story....

This year we were blessed enough to go to some of the landmarks while we were up there to see some waterfalls, lookouts over the lakes, lighthouses, a place called Kitchitikimee (where there are springs in the bottom of the clearest little lake). So here is pictures are some really awesome WOW's that I've experienced lately.

Note to self, next house needs to be by water. One way or another!


Coming into the U.P., did someone say "swim", the beach, Peninsula Point Lighthouse on Lake Michigan's Little Bay De Noc


Sunset from the lighthouse on Peninsula Point, Lake Superior




Miner's Falls, Munising Falls, walking to the falls





Standing on the docks @ Vagabond Resort, Little Bay De Noc



The glass bottom ferry @ Kitchitikimee, a tree that's fallen into the springs, the springs


The view of Mackinac Bridge on our way home! Five miles long, connects Upper and Lower Peninsula's and it separates Lakes Michigan and Huron.

No comments:

Post a Comment