Wednesday, November 18, 2009

And then there were 2.....

Greg and I have the day (well from 9am-3pm) to be with each other without any distractions, ie. girls or grandma! It has been a time of sitting in Biggby Coffee shop in BR and playing on the Apple and doing personality profiles. I have just recently finished reading The 5 Love Languages, by Gary Chapman. It was awesome and I would recommend it to any married couples... he also has a book for children. I think it is really going to help up relate to Lauryn a lot better than we have her first 6 years. Thank God, I was ready to pull my hair out, knock out a couple teeth (hers, they'll grow back), send her off to kiddie bootcamp!

I was listening to a cd the other day and a woman that was speaking read this little prayer:
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray my sanity to keep
For if some peace I do not find
I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind.

I pray I find a little quiet,
far from the daily family riot.
May I lay back and not have to think
what they are doing at the sink.
Who they are with,
Or where they're at.
What they are doing to the cat.

I pray for time all to myself,
did something just fall off the shelf?
That I need not cook, or clean,
Well heck I've got the right to dream.

Yes, now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my wits about me keep.
And as I look around I know,
I must have lost them long ago!

How true, how true.
Well, I did have a wonderful time with Greg for the day. We had a great evening with the girls going to AWANA @ church. We drove around Greenville in the dark and the rain, but we were once again alone and with each other. Quiet conversation and coffee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment