Wednesday, September 15, 2010

When you can find the time....



take it, do something nice for yourself once in a while. I saw the first 10 minutes of a new show on TLC last night, before I decided I didn't need one more tv addiction, and put myself to bed where I belonged! The reason I mention this show is this, even tho' this woman has 6, 22 month old toddlers, she goes to the gym every day (I think that's when I turned this horrendous-albeit addictive show OFF). Okay, so there goes my excuse for not working out-- out the window!!

Well, really, exercise isn't high priority on my list, even tho' I know it should be. I do find that I tend to do things that need to be done for other people/ children, before I do things for myself... don't ask me why, I'm just a glutton that way.

So the whole purpose of having a nurse come in for 3 hrs each morning to take care of GP (Grandma Patty for the new readers "hello there, good to have you here!") is to give Greg and myself some time to get things done &/or free time for us! So yesterday after dropping Li @ preschool I ran a couple errands that needed done, and then went home. So here it is 9:30 am in the morning and I can do whatever I please until 11 am when the nurse leaves.

So I bit the bullet, I took the bull by the horns, I jumped in feet first and did this... I had seen Stephanie Lynn's post a while ago and thought that it looked easy enough. I kept my eyes out for the cable knit sweaters @ Goodwill and some vases too. Then I found them, & I brought them home, and I sat them in my room, and they got lost among all the other projects that I have sitting in my room... oh, yes, there are many.

Until yesterday, and do you know what dear friends?! It took me all of 10 minutes to make each of these lovely beauties!! 20 minutes!! I should've known that it wouldn't take as long as I feared it would... once they were done and the table cleaned up I had to get back to the realities of life and start the laundry (now THAT'S a never ending project).

I enjoyed the beauty of the flickering candles last night on the table (thank goodness it gets dark outside earlier now so I could enjoy!)

Pretties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment