Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My bathroom looks like....

A Pantry!

In the past month and a half I have deleted and discarded a few items from my bathroom counter and shower, and replaced them with something out of the pantry/kitchen.

The idea came from reading some blog posts here and there, that I happened to stumble on. There is quite the craze going on around the world to quit 'pooing. Yep, I'm now one of them...I haven't 'pooed in over a month now....*giggle*. I haven't used store bought shampoo in a month. I ran out about that time and decided that was the best time to try this new method. Here's a link to the blog I found it on (of course via my Pinterest board "re-vamping my vamp)

One quart hot water
1/4 cup baking soda
(I put the mixture in an old sports water bottle from the cupboard
shake it before using it)
I use about a 1/4 cup of vinegar to rinse
(before shower I pour vinegar in plastic cup, fill to the rim with warm shower water and pour over hair after rinsing the baking soda out)
Rinse with warm water. I clean my hair now only a couple times a week.

Then there's this...deodorant/antipersperant. We all use it, need it and wouldn't think about going all summer with out some. Yet, how healthy is it for us? Especially us women with risks of breast cancer. Then there is the risk of Alzheimers and dementia's...
So I found this easy recipe, 3 ingredients and voila' an amazing and healthy deodorant!!

!/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
6 T. coconut oil
(you can add Tee Tree Oil. I happened to have some so I added it)
I swear to you...You will not stink and you may find that you don't really sweat much either!


The last thing (that I'll share this post) that I've started using is the Oil Cleansing Method. Yep, you read it right...I'm cleaning my face with oil! Olive Oil and [I chose] Grapeseed Oil.  It's natural, pH balanced and scientifically proven that oil breaks down oil....
Here's the recipe I'm using. There are a few different secondary oils that you can choose. Since selling and wearing a certain "pink" brand a couple years ago my skin hasn't been the same...thankfully this seems to be working well for me and I don't have any complaints.



Feel free to leave me a comment if you tried/try any of these ideas. Or if you have a natural health and beauty recipe that you use...I'd love to try them!
Always love your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment