Friday, October 14, 2011

Fancy...

Tuna casserole!

Of course I don't want you readers to think that this is going to become one of those wonderful, drool inducing baking or cooking blogs. It's not...I'm a 1/2 fresh, 1/2 canned kinda cook!

Well, since I was fighting a migraine yesterday I couldn't even wrap my head around what to fix for dinner. Quick fix, text Greg & ask him what he wants...he comes back with Tuna Noodle casserole! Easy enough...

I though cannot leave a simple dish alone...I have to "fancy" it up! This is how I made our dinner last night. Open fridge & some cans...ad them to noodles, tuna & cream of mushroom soup!!

Wanna see list of ingredients?? Here goes...

No egg noodles, had tri color rotini...check! Get that boiling on the stove.

1 can of white tuna in water...check! Dumped that into my Pyrex casserole dish.

1 can cream of mushroom soup...fat free natch, cause I'm soooo about healthy eating! *dripping sarcasm here*

Opened fridge, grabbed: opened package of shredded Romano cheese, opened package of gorgonzola cheese, jar of roasted garlic. Dumped the cheese in & put about a tablespoon of the garlic in.

Opened spice cabinet, grabbed: black pepper, seasoned salt & onion flakes (I would usually use fresh onion, but I didn't want to dirty a pan sautéing them).

Then I grabbed a can of mushrooms from the pantry & sour cream & chive Pringles, cause I didn't have chips...

I mixed in all together in the casserole dish when the pasta was cooked & drained. Topped it w/ the crushed Pringles & drizzled a couple tablespoons of butter on top.

Popped that beauty in the oven until it was browned & bubbly @ the edges!

The girls said it smelled delicious, but they wouldn't eat it. Greg gave it two thumbs up! Ah, the science of a well made casserole!! Can't wait to see what I have in the fridge next time!!




--Jeanette using BlogPress on iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment