Saturday, December 24, 2011

Cookies for...

Christmas Eve. Sounds delightful. I'm not a baker tho'. I do not like the mess, the baking, the time...it's all just more than I care to deal with.
Yet, Santa comes each year & expects cookies & milk for a little energy boost...although I do think a sugar high @ each house is going a little overboard...

So, after the girls informed me that we needed cookies for Santa tonight I put my thought process into gear with a cup (or 4) of coffee & got crack-a-lackin on some cookies...



Firstly, decided I was gonna make cake cookies. They are the easiest/least messy cookies I know.

Recipe:
2 lg eggs
2 T water
3 T oil
1 box of cake mix
(I used a Devil's food cake & a Yellow cake)

Drop by teaspoons on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes @ 350 degrees!

That's it. Easy peasy!! Of course since it's Christmas I wanted to make it a little fancy, so I crushed up some peppermint candy canes & mixed it into the yellow mix.



Then I carried it a little bit further & made frosting for cookie sandwiches...ummm yeah!






Mixed up peanut butter frosting & some dark chocolate frosting. For real, I don't measure when I make frosting I just add a little bit here & there til it's to my taste. If you don't want to buy you some yummy frosting here's a sorta recipe...

Recipe:
PB Frosting
1/2 c of peanut butter
1/2 c of powdered sugar
Milk (start with a tablespoon & add if it's dry)

Recipe:
Chocolate frosting
1 stick butter
1/2 c cocoa (mine was Hershey's Dark)
1/2 c powdered sugar
Milk (same as above)

Ugggg...that's the worst recipe ever written!

I scooped the cookies with a teaspoon cookie scoop, it gives you nice round evenly sized cookies which is pretty nice to have if you are making sandwiches.






They turned out great, they passed the taste testers...& we are packaging some up to give to the girl's Sunday school teachers!!












--Jeanette using BlogPress on iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment