Thursday, February 3, 2011

What I did....

to alleviate some boredom & help soak up a little creative juices!

I found some great REALLY, REALLY heavy card stock @ the thrift store (.99) a few weeks ago.  It's been sitting there, mocking me, making me question how I was going to use it.  Then I was looking through some of my old DIY/Bargain Decor/Flea Market Magazines & saw a picture of a hand-stitched lampshade.  It.was.gorgeous!!

So, I've been thinking about doing some stitching on this heavy paper.  I finally found the time & the energy last evening after the girlies were in bed & GP was watching AI.

I pulled a little ceramic blue bird off my wall & traced it onto a chartreuse colored paper.  Took some bright aqua colored yarn, a large blunt tipped needle & went to "work".....


Then I sat & suffered enjoyed some American Idol....did a simple straight stitch to outline the birdie.

Added a little yellow yarn for the beak!


Then I got out my sewing box, and did a little free styling with some red & white thread!









It was fun, relaxing & a great way for me to use up some of my creativity!!  I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with it, but I think it's pretty!  I will come up with something.  Never fear, I've got some more "crafty" ideas running through my little brain!

How about you?  Crafted/fashioned/created anything lately?  Leave me some comment love, and a link to something you've done lately (heck, something you've done in the last 10 years is fine too!!).







6 comments:

  1. I am crocheting shawls for shut-ins and the elderly. It is for a ministry at the church. I am about half done with the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bird! I want to do this!

    I shipped your package on Tuesday, so you should receive it soon. Let me know when you get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird is so cute. I must admit I never considered embroidering on cardboard but now I will. What will you use it for?

    I am doing something every day this february over on Thing a day. Here is a link to my TAD posts: http://eddieduckling.posterous.com/
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bird is adorable! I love the branch-like decoration - it's all reversed, like tree branches usually have birds in them, but this bird has tree branches in it!

    I really hate buying pre-made cards so I've been embroidering my own cards for friends's birthdays, etc. There's a few posted on my blog: http://theo2go.blogspot.com/search/label/cards

    (Apologies for the re-post, I wanted to make the link more specific.)

    ReplyDelete