Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The end of an era....

As of today we will no longer wake in the night as we hear the rain pitter patter on the skylight! We will no longer jump up and rush the towels & buckets to catch the aforementioned rain as it ran in rivulets down the aforementioned skylight.

THAT my friends is a good thing...& I am very happy!!

My dad, the best "free" contractor around....sometimes whatever is freshly baked is enough for payment....worked hard all day to repair the roof & close up the skylight.

I'm usually the apprentice I just don't get to do all the technical stuff, I'm more of a hander-upper.

So early this morning we had this on our roof...



Working minutes it looked like this...



Now it looks like this...


Thanks again dad! It's gonna be my job to "finish" the job....cleaning all the dust & debris up tomorrow!

PS: since I had an appointment in our nearest "large" town (re: has a Wal-Mart & more than one fast food restaurant) I did a little thrifting.....will share some fun things soon!

--Jeanette using BlogPress on iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment