Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Reason we Have Friends...


To encourage us when we are down, to love us when we are unlovable, to back us up when we are going against the odds, to compare husbands with when we are fed up with their “manly ways” and to commiserate with when are kids are driving us up the wall, over the ceiling and right out the back door!

I have such a friend….she’s my 2nd in command (I always let the hubby be first in command, something about ego. Yadda yadda yadda). She’s the one I call, text or message when I’m at my wits end with the man of the house or my strong willed girlies.




I have just one complaint about our friendship…. It’s long distance!

We spent four years together in college & then life led us in different directions. She now lives in the Madison, WI area with her family & I live here in the Lakeview area with mine. Sadly, we don’t get to see each other as much as we’d like.

You know what is the best thing about friendships? You can go for quite a while without seeing each other and still be the best of friends. Still be able to talk about anything, everything and maybe everyone!



How many of us could really go through life without a good, close relationship with another person? How many of us would be able to stand not talking, sharing, baring our souls or gossiping with someone else? Someone who may have differing opinions on some things, but is willing to listen and see your point of view. A friend who will eat chocolate with you when you can’t stand your diet anymore (and not judge you for it). The person who can look at you and know you’re having a bad day…and probably know if it’s the budget, work, the husband or the kids that is causing your bad day!

How about you, readers? Is your very best friend close or far away? Does your close friend live in your house? Does your friend live down the street? Can you get together daily, weekly or more like me, once or twice a year?




I hope for everyone that you let your best friend know how very much they mean to you. How they have encouraged you to become your bestest, best! Tell them through word of mouth or on your favorite tech device that they mean more to you than your favorite coffee. Let them know they would come before any trip to Disney World. That baring sickness or death in your own family, you would be there for them…no matter what.

Here are a few friend quotes I found on the interwebs just today…feel free to pick and choose which would best apply to you and your bestest friend.
--“I think what I need, more than anything else in the world, is to be told (just once) that a friend doesn’t know what they would do without me”
--“A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.”
--“If all my friends jumped off a bridge, I wouldn’t jump with them. I’d be at the bottom, waiting to catch those idiots.”
--“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.”
--“A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a best friend will skip beside you with a baseball bat singing someone’s gonna get it” (okay, really this one is just sarcastic)



--Jeanette using BlogPress on iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment