Thursday, December 29, 2011

All I got for Christmas...

Was a lot of squeals & smiles from the Girlies!
I wanted to do something special forth specials in my life...the man of the Frumpy House & our Girlies! So where else would I go but Pinterest for great gift ideas...I apologize if you are fully sick of me talking about Pinterest...but not really!!

Anywhooo....to get back to the blog subject....

I made most (read all) of the gifts that I gave this year...it makes me feel good & it's fun!

I found a pin that showed some really cool "pillow/matresses" for kids. I thought about it for a bit, cause I'm not a person who sews (although I want to learn so I can hang with the "cool kids" in blogland). Then I did what any respectable woman would do & talked my mom into helping me!!

I found 4 vintage sheets that would coordinate & make two covers. Took em down to my mom's & showed her the picture on Pinterest. She did the rest.

Here's the results...



Finished project...





















The girls are loving them! I'm glad I went with my gut and had my mom make these....hahaha!


The other gift I made, I made for Greg & the girls..."52 Reasons I Love You". Written out on a deck of cards (thrifted of course) & bound w/ rings...



They spent time reading through them Christmas morning...my plan is to read through them myself, reminding myself why I love 'em...especially on bad days!!

A gift I made for Greg this year actually is an idea I got from my blog/twitter friend Abbey over @ Aesthetic Outburst, she's wonderful! She and her husband just bought and are remodeling an old farmhouse in Owego, NY!! But, I digress...

I bought this metal box @ my local "junk shop"....get this .50!! Yep! I'm giving, but I'm still cheap! I picked up file folders (w/ tabs) & a pack of paper. Cut them down to fit the box...

It's now a journal...separated by months, plus a file for dreams, wants & goals @ the back! He loved it & I see him writing in it in the evenings...makes me happy!

The final 2 gifts were for the girls...they LOVE to draw/write/paint etc. So I thought it would be fun to make them a note book...you can see/read about them here...

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your family! Wether your gifts were store bought, thrifted or homemade...I hope you gave from your heart & that all was received with joy & happiness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment