Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Snoopin' Around...

in the Antique store this past Saturday.

I don't often go to the antique stores in the area, not because I don't covet the beautiful things there....more because I can't afford the things there.
I sooo enjoy the browsing and the looking, but the price tags truly give me hives!

I love me a good book, have since I was pretty young (something to do with the parents getting rid of the tv for about a 5-6 year period). Getting lost in a good book was tantamount to good friends being over to play with!

The prerequisite "Little House" books, Anne of Green Gables, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Bobbsey Twins and many others. Books by Beverly Cleary, Judy Blume & Roald Dahl. These were constant companions....

So while the girls were singing some Christmas Carols the other day in our little town antique store, I took to the shelves. What fun. Yes, they had some great children's books, some that I'd really like to add to my collection. But what really caught my eye?!

These....
This Awesome coloring book only had the first 5-6 pages colored!



Someone had made a really nice Scrapbook with lots of celebs pics! 


This Coloring/Sticker book had a lot of uncolored pages...& unused stickers!

This ol' guy?! He was in this store, when it was the 5 & Dime!
I rode him many times when I was a kid...he's still giving kiddies rides!


And you? Do you ever go shopping at the Antique Stores? or like me are you destined for a life of thrift? Either way...I love to find a good treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment